Tuesday 31 March 2009


One thing on list I have started is:


96. Make a quilt.


I've been thinking about this far a long time - months actually (it could even be a year I'm ashamed to say!)

I've never made a quilt before and of course I want it to be perfect, so I keep putting it off and buying more fabric, scared to take the plunge in case I mess it up and waste a lot of money.


But I've done it! I've come up with a design that doesn't require too much precision and planning (not my strong points. lol) and I've cut the fabric and started piecing them together.

Unfortunately my ancient sewing machine that was my Granny's has given up the ghost so I'm doing it all by hand. This could take a while....

2 comments:

  1. Well done on getting going! Could you borrow a machine of someone to help you along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mum does have an old machine I could borrow (I think it's older than me!) but at the moment I'm actually enjoying doing it by hand.
    It sounds mad, I'm sure, but I can just pick it up whenever the kids let me, do a couple of pieces while waiting in the doctors' surgery etc and slowly but surely its coming together.

    ReplyDelete